More Likes for Facebook? Yes Please!
I’ve published a couple of articles recently on how to get more Facebook fans and how to use Facebook pages for business. This is in the same vein, but with a few more tips and tricks on how to convert some of those extra visitors to your Fan Page into “likes”for Facebook.
- Obvious one first of all, but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t do this! Put widgets on your blog or Website so visitors can see that you have a fan page hopefully, visitors to your blog will then naturally provide you with more “likes”for Facebook as they won’t have to go and search for your Fan Page separately. Widgets can be installed easily and for free, and some of them can even show a stream of information from your Facebook page to try and entice those extra “likes”.
- Add your Facebook details to your emails! If you have an email subscribers list you can invite them to join you on Facebook, ideally you can put together some kind of incentive for those subscribers so that if they join your page as well as your email list, they’ll get something in return -in addition to the great content you supply them with of course!
- Alternatively, just keep the Facebook link as part of your email signature so that it continues to go out to everyone you email, every time you do it. Try and make it look a little more appealing than just a link, maybe writing “Write on my wall”or “Post me your photos!”Of course, to do either of those things, you have to be a fan, which gets you your extra “likes”for Facebook!
- Still on the Photos theme, if you go to any networking events, or other occasions where you are likely to take a lot of pictures, post them on your wall then invite people to “like”your page so that they can tag themselves. This is great, because you’ll create a buzz around the event, the pictures, people reminiscing about the occasion and when people tag themselves, your pictures will then show in their timelines as well, which will hopefully encourage even more people to visit and “like”your page”
- Don’t forget Print media! If you have letter headed stationary for your business, or business cards, compliment slips or even newspaper ads, then add your Facebook page, and other social media details on there as well. The great thing about social media is that it works really well as part of a marketing mix, so publishing the details in your offline media as well will help to draw focus back online for you.
- Film a Welcome Video. With Facebook Pages you can add custom tabs, and a really effective one to do is to have a video message open up on a landing page for non-fans to see when they visit your page. This can really bring out your personality to people who may not be familiar with you or your work. Use the opportunity to explain (briefly) what you do and what Fans can expect from your page. You can make your call to action totally relevant and compelling; after all you are practically speaking face to face with the person you are trying to win over!
- Encourage conversation and comments! Again, this one should be obvious, yet many people neglect their fan pages. If you can encourage conversations amongst your fans, then those conversations will be pushed out into their newsfeeds, pushing the visibility of your own page further afield. This is a valuable way to get your fan base to grow organically, after all people usually have interests in common with their friends!
This list is by no means exclusive, just a few ideas to get your own creative juices flowing. In fact, if any of you have any better ideas to increase the number of “likes”for Facebook Pages, then stop by my Facebook page, “like”it, and leave me a comment!